Why We Provide the Best Dental Exams in Steele Creek
Did you know that your teeth and mouth are often the first parts of your body to show signs of a serious health problem? It’s true—that’s why dentists are often the first medical professionals to diagnose life-threatening illnesses, like cancer or heart disease. The bottom line? By scheduling a regular dental check-up in Steele Creek, you’re not just protecting your teeth; you’re protecting your entire body, as well.
What Happens During a Routine Dental Check-Up?
If you are nervous about an upcoming dental appointment, knowing what to expect can help reduce some of your anxiety. Below is what happens in a routine dental exam.
- Your dental hygienist or dental assistant will review your medical history with you, including new medications you might be taking.
- Your dental hygienist or assistant will take dental X-Rays, which can show us cracks or damage invisible to the naked eye.
- Your dental hygienist or assistant will perform a thorough dental cleaning.
- Your Steele Creek dentist will examine your mouth visually, using dental equipment such as mouth mirrors, dental picks, and high-intensity lights.
- Your dentist will examine your gums and bones for signs of periodontal (gum) disease.
- Your dentist will perform a brief oral cancer screening, by gently examining your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums.
- Your dentist will check your existing restorations, such as fillings, crowns, and implants, to make sure they are stable and in good working order.
Our team is dedicated to making each dental exam as comfortable an experience as possible for each patient. To request a dental exam or cleaning at Steele Creek Dental, fill out our contact form here.